Old June 4th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default source for plug and play phased array "turner" for 6m

any sources for sucha sytem that don't require a lot of retooling

Old June 4th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

What are you building? Just experimenting?

I doubt there's a turn-key solution especially for 6m. There are some
companies that sell four-square boxes for the low bands, but they're
pretty pricey, and you're not going to get one for 6m.

I think the only plug and play phased array turner for 6m you're going
to find is an antenna rotator to turn your yagi :-)

Transmitting array steering is a bit more difficult than receiving
array steering. You can make RX array elements lossy enough to avoid
trouble with mutual coupling and you can get closer to doing arbitrary
phase combinations of elements, because you can do it with active
components. With a transmitting array in amateur use, you need to use
passive tuned networks, transmission lines, etc and it's harder to get
"weird" (non-90 or 180 degree phasing).

You might be able to put together an RX phaser... I don't know if the
MFJ 1025/1026 phase boxes go up to 6m but they might work for you for
RX.

Let us know what you're making. I'm curious!

Dan
N3OX

Old June 5th 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Hmm...

You could build a 6 meter array of verticals, a four square or a
rectangle array or something. It may be a little touchy to adjust for
proper phasing, but it could be done if you've got your heart set on
phased verticals. You're not going to find a commercial phasing box
for 6m though. The only commercial transmit phasing unit I know of is
this:

http://www.dxengineering.com/Parts.a... o=DXE-TFS-1P

And it's for 160, 80, 40...

If ice survival is your only concern, maybe you should just add heaters
to your yagi :-)

Good luck...

Dan
N3OX