Old June 13th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default tri-band HF beam for portable ops ?

Hi,

I am interested in buying a triband yagi (20-15-10) for portable operations
But I suspect such antennas, most being made of aluminium, to be heay (over
10 kg) and maybe not easy to dismantle regularly
I review on my webiste various portable configurations, so I know quite well
the problem.

I would like to know if some of you have testes successfully such
installations using the minimum of hardware (transportation using an
ordinary car, not a break, not a pickup and not a 4x4, installation by only
one person, small beam placed on a single pod 8-10m high, one guy-wire, no
rotator) for a on-day activity, the Tx working on battery.

If you work in the field with a small beam, what difficilty do you
experimented (weght, wingspan, other)?

Thanks

Thierry
ON4SKY, LX4SKY
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/menu-qsl.htm

Old June 13th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Most of our Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society guys, who regularly set up
portable at remote lighthouses, etc, favor the Buddipole -- see ads in QST
http://arlhs.com
Jim
K2JXW

Thierry wrote in message ...
[...]

"RARE" A/S MoonRaker Beam Antenna ham CB 1 June 15th 11 11:22 PM
Free TH-6DXX beam....... Mike Boatanchors 0 May 19th 06 05:42 PM
3 element 2M V beam Tom Ring Antenna 1 April 24th 05 12:23 PM
Identify beam Terry Ashland Antenna 2 June 21st 04 02:51 AM
Vee Beam info needed W5DXP Antenna 5 August 6th 03 07:39 AM