Old June 16th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Chris W

Default Antenna Drawings

It has been my experience that most people that are sharing their
antenna designs on a web site have very bad drawings of those antennas
so bad that it is hard to determine how to build them. Well I would
like to help change that. If anyone here is actively maintaining a web
site with antenna designs and would like better drawings, please let me
know. I will draw them in 3D and give you the 3D model to put on your
web site along with screen shots and or PDF drawings of the 3D model.
For web site visitors to view the 3D model they have to download and
install the free viewer and download the model. The viewer does work
as a plug in to IE but it's not very easy to use that way.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com
Old June 17th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Martes

"Chris W" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Chris

I just finished designing an antenna that I'm in the process of trying to
describe on a web site. The antenna isnt of much value to most HAMs. I
made it for receiving weather satellites (NOAA). I have a buddy in Finland
who is helping me display the concept on his web site so anyone with an
interest in weather satellite images can build their own hemispheric
coverage antenna.
My buddy in Finland puts everything I send him on the web. So, this site
may be confusing. But, the general idea of what I'm trying to make clean
and clear is at http://213.250.83.83/~jerry/index.html.

How do I get an idea of the cost?

Jerry

Old June 17th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne

"Chris W" wrote in message
It has been my experience that most people that are sharing their antenna
designs on a web site have very bad drawings of those antennas so bad that
it is hard to determine how to build them. Well I would like to help
change that. If anyone here is actively maintaining a web site with
antenna designs and would like better drawings, please let me know. I
will draw them in 3D and give you the 3D model to put on your web site
along with screen shots and or PDF drawings of the 3D model. For web site
visitors to view the 3D model they have to download and install the free
viewer and download the model. The viewer does work as a plug in to IE
but it's not very easy to use that way.

That's a great idea Chris. Also, it would be helpful if you posted some of
the antennas from QST on a website. For the past few years, they typically
do not have a clean electrical diagram of antennas described in articles.
They include so many mechanical details with the electrical, that it is
often hard to recognize something as simple as a loaded vertical. For
example, I never had the patience to figure out that GPS antenna they posted
a couple of years ago.

--Wayne

Old June 17th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Chris W

Jerry Martes wrote:
"Chris W" wrote in message

[...]

I don't really care what the antennas are for as long as it is a
community share type project and not something you are only going to
sell plans for. As long as I don't get to many requests, I'll draw it up
for free. In return I'm hoping some of you guys out there who know
antenna design can help me with some antenna designs. Right now I am
trying to figure out a good design for a LEO Satellite Phone that has a
frequency range of 1616-1626.5Mhz.

So if you can get email me some sketches or what ever you have I will
try and draw it up. The email I use for news groups is bogus. You can
email me at a real address by looking for the "email support" link on my
web site linked below.

Old June 17th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Martes

Jerry Martes wrote:
"Chris W" wrote in message

[...]

I had tried to contact you before replying to the group by clicking on
"reply to sender". Now I'll contact you at your site.
I have absolutely *no* interest in selling anything associated with this
antenna. Heck, I've paid to get others to try it just to get confirmation
of its usability.

Thanks
Jerry

Old June 17th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Martes

Jerry Martes wrote:
"Chris W" wrote in message

[...]

The antenna I want to describe was designed for LEO polar orbiting NOAA
satellites. It works well at 137 MHz. It is sensitive to RHCP thruout the
hemisphere, so I suppose it would be an excellant design for 1.6 GHz LEO
satellites. But, with 3 inch dipoles, it would be relatively difficult to
construct.
I dont have any test equipment for anything over 400 MHz. If I could do
any measurements at 1.6 GHz, I'd try to build a prototype 1.6 MHz version of
this "Double Cross" antenna.

Jerry KD6JDJ

Why Antenna Tuners Aren't Necessarily Useful for Shortwave Listening - Question Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna Tuners - Do You Have An Opinion ? Bob Miller Shortwave 40 September 3rd 12 02:15 PM
Why Tilt ? - The Terminated Tilted Folded Dipole (TTFD / T2FD) Antenna RHF Shortwave 2 April 18th 06 10:21 PM
Passive Repeater Bryan Martin Antenna 13 February 10th 06 02:03 PM
Grounding Steve Rabinowitz Shortwave 31 December 14th 05 05:26 AM
No CounterPoise - Portable Antenna System RHF Shortwave 1 November 19th 05 06:18 PM