Old June 18th 06, 03:20 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default 900MHz Cable Feeds

Joe G (Home) wrote:
Hi All,

I have a 900MHz radio system and I want extend 50ohm coax cable from 3m to
20metres.
(well.... I mean - replace the 3m with a complete 20metre section with
proper termination coax connectors etc)

What losses and reflections should I watch out for?

The obvious question is: how much loss can you *stand* in this
application?
(X-posted to more appropriate groups)

Old June 18th 06, 04:00 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gravity

wrote in message
oups.com...

Joe G (Home) wrote:
Hi All,

I have a 900MHz radio system and I want extend 50ohm coax cable from 3m

20metres.
(well.... I mean - replace the 3m with a complete 20metre section with
proper termination coax connectors etc)

What losses and reflections should I watch out for?

The obvious question is: how much loss can you *stand* in this
application?
(X-posted to more appropriate groups)

hardline might work. quite expensive.

i'm not sure what the losses from the connectors would be in a hardline
system.

Gravity