Old June 28th 06, 07:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,misc.jobs.resumes,tw.bbs.sci.physics
BVU

Default Please help me

hello,
I am computer engineer from Nepal. I am currently working on a
project about power flow analysis. Now I am having problem with
procedure to calculate load flow. By reading some books I have used
newton raphson method to calculate voltage drop at different bus of a
very simple 5 bus system with no transformer on it. Now the problem is
with the calculation of phase angle which is very large about 1000
degree and also negative sometimes . Also the convergence did not occur
for large system with about 20 bus.

Again, today boss called me and said, the project which i find quiet
confusing..
goes like this,
We have to bring power from source to the transformer and from there it
is carried by transmission line. At regular interval on transmission
line there is node( I think its a bus) from where it goes to the
city.Now i have to develop a software which will simulate and give the
voltage drop at each node and also need to calculate the maximum
voltage that the transformer should give which the load can handle
without "Black Out". He says to take data about cable including its
length from feedeer and develop software.
I am having very big problem with this one.......so i want to know the
detail step wise procedure to solve it so that i can convert it to
programming code.If possible please send me the Algorithm or pseudo
code to solve it.

Old June 28th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,misc.jobs.resumes,tw.bbs.sci.physics
Dave

besides being in the wrong group....
you REALLY don't want to develop this algorithm from scratch. lay off all
your programmers and buy the power system engineers a program called EMTP
from http://www.emtp.com/ or if your utility joins EPRI at
http://www.epri.com/ they have some tools for that type of calculation also.
and both of those sources KNOW how that type of system works and can really
help.

oups.com...