Old July 8th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default MonstIr Steppir Problem

On 40M SWR looks OK, but on 20M and Up I have a high SWR problem,

for example if I set 14.100 on the controller and TRCVR is on the same freq. SWR will be more then 2.5:1 , to get a better swr on 14.100, I have to go UP to 14.350 on the controller.

I can go to setup mode and change the driver lengths for the better SWR , but not sure if this is a right way to correct this problem ...

73,
Serge

P.S.Anntena mounted at 110FT tower.

Old July 8th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

serge wrote:
for example if I set 14.100 on the controller and TRCVR is on the same freq. SWR will be more then 2.5:1 , to get a better swr on 14.100, I have to go UP to 14.350 on the controller.

Lowest SWR doesn't usually occur at maximum gain or
lowest F/B ratio. Have you contacted the manufacturer
to see if it's really a problem?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old July 9th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Serge
Get in touch with SteppIR.
They are very aggressive about customer service.
SWR should be damn near 1:1 everywhere.
My 4-el SteppiIR is 1:1 across all the bands.
73
H.
NQ5H