Old July 9th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default using a mobile mag mount in Living room....

Well.....this isn't my usual 2m set-up,BUT it is an extra set-up
for the commute. I use the
home/base set up in my living room at times for convience. I have been
using a 2m hustler 5/8 wave,mag mount on my radiator cover with five
watts to reach a local repeater. I can reach
this repeater with my handie-talkie. For some UNKNOWN reason this
mobile radio set up
has been having a "squeal" on TRANSMIT. I can't figure out WHAT is
causing this noise!
It's starting to drive me crazy. Handie-talkie......no problems. My 2m
shack radio...with an outdoor antenna,no problem. The SWR 's are fine.
I've tried turning off and on the computor or the cable TV to see if
those were the sources....no luck. I've moved the antenna around to
different places on the rad. cover...?? Tried ferrite on the power
leads.....used a battery,it
dimished a little bit with the battery,but it is STILL THERE!!!!!!
Am I doomed to either the Handie-talkie OR go uyp stairs to the
shack to use the 2m's??? Sometimes I find a "signal"?,on the recieve
meter,a small one,
that CAN'T be squalched out either! darn crazy V-8000 I'm
picking up something somewhere.

It's ONLY on transmit. damn....I have to find out "WHY" maybe my
radio needs a ground?........antenna AND RADIO. I feel lost with
this one.

paladin (feelin' old)

Old July 9th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Old July 9th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

[...]

Instead of the radiator, try one of the cooking pans/platters you
might have in the kitchen.

bob
k5qwg
Old July 9th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, absolutely. You should get several square feet of conductive surface
for a counterpoise -- sort of like the car roof the magmount is expecting.
(I had good luck with a metal TV-tray.)