Old July 11th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Need help on QRM rejection ( WITHOUT A BEAM !!)

hi ;;check if anyone at home or nearby using -equpment with
"SWITCHMODE"POWER SUPPLY.--just a thought--
GM0LTQ
wrote in message
I am working with MARS on 75m. I am seeing some horrific QRM esp today
but
generally every day and definitely need some help on rejecting the noise.

I have a DX-CC inverted at about 35' on a 40'+ Army fiberglass mast
attached to one leg of my Rohn Tower. Waiting for a tower party, there is
only about 18' of it sticking out of the 4x4' concrete tub I poured for
it.
One end of this dipole is about 20' off the ground to the NE of my mast
and
the SW end of it is about 12' above the roof of the house. MAYBE..

the 1900H Net tonight was almost impossible with a noise factor of about 7
or
8 and very few of the people on the net were pushing signals above that.
The
morning NET was much better but by 0830, it was also beyond my ability to
make
out who was talking from anywhere. and that included the NCS which was
about
30 mi North of me.

It isn't just 75m... I find this to be a problem on virtually evey band
try including VHF/UHF

I have an Icom 736 with its built in tuner and ANY noise rejection is
just
simply beyond its abilities or... perhaps I do not know how to get it to
reject.
The notch filter on this is really rudimentary compared to today's txcvrs
But
hell, who can afford a decent radio at today's prices?.

I suppose I ought to set up my 728 and see if it is any better but it does
not
have a tuner or a power supply. Still, I have those and I guess it might
be
worth playing with it for several hours just to see if the problem is in
my
736. However, the evening NCS was also talking about the high QRM but
others
were able to work thru it.

I am thinking that I need to get a 80m Carolina Windom and set it up flat
across the back yard at about 50' by using trees in the neighbors yards.

any other ideas on solving this problem??

thanks
73s chas
K5DAM

"RARE" A/S MoonRaker Beam Antenna ham CB 1 June 15th 11 11:22 PM
Need help on QRM rejection ( WITHOUT A BEAM !!) Cecil Moore Antenna 0 July 11th 06 02:00 PM
Odd observation - nonresonant beam Bill Ogden Antenna 16 January 28th 05 03:03 PM
Identify beam Terry Ashland Antenna 2 June 21st 04 02:51 AM
Vee Beam info needed W5DXP Antenna 5 August 6th 03 07:39 AM