Old July 13th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml ml is offline

Default boomless 'quad' ?

not sure if i am really correctly describing a idea that came into my
mind properly and hey it may be a 1/2 baked idea but i was trying to
think of what might be a interesting experiment to take advantage of
some unusual 'realestate'

my building complex consists of several equal height and almost equially
spaced buildings from one end to the other would be a few blocks long
at least over 500ft n/s and going west about 1000ft (more like a t
shape east is a big park (3000ackers)

i was wondering if i could make a quad or somthing that each building
would have a piece of

thinking would eliminate the boom and i would end up with a antenna
that might be very interesting on say 40 80 160 (&others) maybe i am
wrong and end up w/marginal gain/performance

anythoughts as to someone that might have constructed a simular
experiment, if it might yeild me 'good gain'

the idea of a quad arose, because i was thinking it'd offer more
performance than say a really long dipole, w/the quad or so i could
have many elements

the idea of a beam came to mind too but i thought making many
horizontal parts and interconnecting them may be harder

the smallest 'gap' between buildings seems about 50ft

any thoughts?
Old July 13th 06, 12:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Help - Autek RF-1 antenna analyst manual

My brother was recently kind enough to bring me back an Autek RF-1 analyser.
Unfortunately the manual got left behind. Most of the operation is
intuitive and there are some notes on Autek's web site but no downloadable
manual. So far this little box is proving to be very effective and
useful - a lot easier to carry around than the MFJ.
Does anyone have a manual they can scan for me?
Thanks from Richard (Dick) G4BBH

Old July 13th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

You can download a free manual for the
RF-1 from Autek he

http://www.autekresearch.com/instruc.htm
Ordering instructions. Autek Research

near bottom of the page.

Good luck.
Chuck

Old July 14th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml ml is offline

In article ,
"ferrymanr" wrote:

My brother was recently kind enough to bring me back an Autek RF-1 analyser.
Unfortunately the manual got left behind. Most of the operation is
intuitive and there are some notes on Autek's web site but no downloadable
manual. So far this little box is proving to be very effective and
useful - a lot easier to carry around than the MFJ.
Does anyone have a manual they can scan for me?
Thanks from Richard (Dick) G4BBH

this should have been posted in a new post not a reply to /followup