Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 14th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default How do you isolate a signal?

I have a funny problem here. I am using my dual band radio, a Kenwood
TM-G707 as a simple scanner and I have a problem in isolating a signal. If I
open the squelch manually most of the way, I receive a signal from 400 to
523 mhz everywhere. This signal is on 24 hours a day but seems to be
modulated only part of the time. When it is modulated, in FM mode, I hear a
tv station crew doing their stuff to mount a program. I can hear the
producer giving orders to the cameramen and also the script girl. The mikes
are on all the time and not switched. I can't identify what station it is
but this has been going on for many years. what I would like to do is
identify the exact frequency they use but they splatter all over the band.
Is there a way to really zero on them? Since I live in the Montreal area, it
could come from everywhere but Iknow it's not coming from my town because no
one does that kind of free lance work around here. I am really baffled and
would appreciate some sugestions. Thanks.
Mike.