Old July 16th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default CQ WW VHF

I think I worked you...I have NEVER seen 6M this good (and I've been on
6M for 21 years now). Just about EVERY signal was S9 +60 (yes,
+60!!!)...WOW!! Signals were SO strong, my Kenwood 690S receiver was
being overloaded. The plus side was that I didn't have to rotate the
beam...I worked people off every possible angle from the Yagi! Even
work XE2 and VP9 and THAT'S not a daily occurence up here in EN45 (WI).
It was open all day like that and was still open a little when I went
to bed just after midnight. 2M opened up so I actually turned down 6 to
go work 2M stuff!!

Scott
N0EDV
EN45fa

Howard W3CQH wrote:

Please LQQK for us on Saturday and Sunday during the contest.

We should be somewhere around FM07 or FM06 on both 6 & 2, SSB & FM.

73's

Howard W3CQH
Jay K3JAY
and the rest of the Dark Side of The Force Contest Group!

Old July 16th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

One evening at 2330Z, KUT 90.5 covered WKAR 90.5 just long enough for me to
hear KUT's station announcement! Texas is a long distance from Michigan.

It is important to note that the receiver was receiving WKAR (about 50 miles
away) with a signal just a little above noise threshold because of a metal
bulkhead in my new office. (I will have a better antenna before I am done.)

73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home: