Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 13th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default More Radio-mart lies!!!

A couple of months ago, Radio-mart's alter-ego, gottahaveit1995 bought a
radio from me on ebay, the same radio I bought from him 3 years previous.
When I first got it, she smoked and looked worse (repainted, not original
color) than described. Eventually I got it running and enjoyed it for those
years. As I said, Martyn bought it back ( probably doesn't remember it), so
for the last couple of months, I've been checking his sales for it and sure
enough, there it is for sale.
Of course I have no problem with someone buying to resell, but the
non-factual things said:

1: Pristine shape....Not! Certainly not since it's been repainted in
something other than original colors

2:Chassis shines.... You can see the rust in the picture if you look
closely

3: Purchased from 2nd owner who had it for 20 years before it was put
into dry storage...I've already
mentioned this lie

4:Main & bandspread dials work perfectly smooth....Main dial had
backlash and was annoying to use

Anyone bidding on this will get a nice radio, but far from what is
described. All you buddies of his need to rethink your criticism of those of
us who take the time to point out this persons activities.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hallicrafters-SX...QQcmdZViewItem