Old November 25th 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Wanted: Hallicrafters SX-28

So My First Couple of Radio project's have been going quite well. The
Previous radio's for anyone who would like to know that I restored were
An SX-42, Almost the Whole S-38 Series, S-20R, 2 S-40B's, and 2
SX-71's. Now It's time to Kick it up a notch. An SX-28. Anyone who has
one that has been retired, and would like to sell it, or be willing to
Trade for a Lighter weight Radio...cuz I am interested in Buying one.
Especially as a Xmas gift for My Dad. Let Me Know please. Email
I would be willing to pay at least $100 for one
Plus Shipping if u don't live in the S.F bay area. Thank you.

Trevor

Old November 26th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Chuck - K1KW wrote:
I have one, an SX28A, out of the box in as new cosmetic condition. I bet
all the caps need replacing though. It does work but seems to be a bit
deaf. Bought it 40 years ago from a guy that bought it new and never used
it. I fired it up 10 years ago and again last week. It's still deaf but it
looks really nice. Offers?

In case you didn't get the Email...I Would offer somewhere Between $100
to $150...Plus Shipping unless your in The Bay Area or close by. I Can
also swap one or two of my Refurbished radio's for the SX-28A. Please
send me pics if

Old November 27th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

I received an offer I could not refuse. My SX-28A is on its way to another
good home.
73,
Chuck..

..
"Chuck - K1KW" wrote in message
. ..
I have one, an SX28A, out of the box in as new cosmetic condition. I bet
all the caps need replacing though. It does work but seems to be a bit
deaf. Bought it 40 years ago from a guy that bought it new and never used
it. I fired it up 10 years ago and again last week. It's still deaf but

it
looks really nice. Offers?

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
So My First Couple of Radio project's have been going quite well. The
Previous radio's for anyone who would like to know that I restored

were
An SX-42, Almost the Whole S-38 Series, S-20R, 2 S-40B's, and 2
SX-71's. Now It's time to Kick it up a notch. An SX-28. Anyone who has
one that has been retired, and would like to sell it, or be willing to
Trade for a Lighter weight Radio...cuz I am interested in Buying one.
Especially as a Xmas gift for My Dad. Let Me Know please. Email
I would be willing to pay at least $100 for one
Plus Shipping if u don't live in the S.F bay area. Thank you.

I forgot to mention the condition perferrably unrestored, Doesn't have
to have a clean chassis and should at least have the tubes in it, and
possibly the Cabinet with it as well.

Trevor