Old December 3rd 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Motorola Moxy Radios

Thanks very much for the info. When I get some time in the next day or two,
I'll check it out further.
Your help was much appreciated.

Old December 4th 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Hi Antwon,

I wanted to thank you for your help last night when reading your reply - it
took all I had to read my e-mail and newsgroups. I was dead tired and that
was all I could muster. Now that I've had some sleep - here goes.

As to using the radio for Public Service - "I" am a line officer in our Fire
Department - so I was "thinking" of "maybe" using it for our fire band in my
own vehicle. However - as I know I had stated in my first post - we're
supposed to be going to VHF High band soon, so I probably won't bother. I
can always use my station issued portable.

As to repairing and aligning, I have a bench full of equipment and knowhow
to do so. I just never dealt with a "Moxy" before and wanted some advice on
it before I dug into it "deeper" than I already had - especially since I
don't have a manual either. As I said, we seem to get only certain models of
radios around here - be it the Police, Fire or EMS. Moxy hasn't been one of
them. I merely bought it at a hamfest from someone not from this area - and
thought "maybe" I could find use for it.

I merely peeked under the cover briefly - having bought it used. Again, that
night, I was so tired, I couldn't see straight to go much beyond that point.
I do know though, it was transmitting - decent - though I didn't look at the
wattmeter - it "may" need tuned a bit.

As I also said, once I determine the problem, I "may" even decide to throw
it on E-Bay. IF I don't use it in my vehicle and should I decide not to
putter around placing it on 6 meters - I may just do that. As to "Crystal
Companies" - it's been a short time since I've bought them - but I am aware
of them all. I have a bench full of radios right now to go through to keep
me busy for a couple weeks. So - the Moxy "may" go back on the "to do" pile
and be there a while - "if" I "do" decide to keep it.

Thanks again, your help was much appreciated. Speaking of work - time to get
back to it!

Old December 4th 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

CORRECTION -

Sorry bout that - the coffee hasn't hit home - yet! SHEESH..............