Old January 17th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Help with Hallicrafters HT-40

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:53:53 -0800, Don Bowey
wrote:

On 1/14/07 1:27 AM, in article ,
"Antonio Vernucci" wrote:

I have been offered a good copy of the manual. Thank you very much. True ham
spirit.

73

Tony I0JX

Is it posted anywhere I can snag for a new upload to BAMA? It would be nice
to fix problems as they are found.

Don

Hi Don, Tony, and everyone else,

By all means for better copies of any ham radio manuals on BAMA,
please just send the manual directly to me. Since uploading to the
site suffers from the same limits as downloading, the most efficient
way of getting something to me is through a service such as YouSendIt
at http://www.yousendit.com . You are allowed to send files up to
100MB in size free of charge.

Incidentally, through the generosity of Lynn Bisha, W2BSN, a new scan
of the HT-40 transmitter has been placed on BAMA. It is in pdf and
the schematic is quite readable.

Finally, DjVu has never lived up to its promise. For those who live
in the Unix/Linux world, DjVu Libre makes things work inexpensively
and really quite well. However, the capitalization efforts since the
Windows rights were sold to Lizardtech have stifled the baby in the
crib. The software needed to do a "good" job of creating a djvu file
without the artifacts that you see typically in djvu files on BAMA is
not readily available. DjVu Solo 3.1 is responsible for the files
with these artifacts and is not a good solution. However, for those
djvu files that do exist, rather than using the Lizardtech plug in, I
would strongly recommend that you use the free DjVu reader called
WinDjView which can be downloaded from
http://windjview.sourceforge.net/

I do regret the listings on BAMA which contain certain unreadable
pages, particularly if they are of the schematic diagram. However,
when such a file is uploaded, I ask for a clearer scan. If it is not
available, I usually post the file anyway on the theory that some
information is better than no information. Perhaps that theory is
flawed and I should just discard such files.

73,

Ken K4XL

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at
http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr

FS: Hallicrafters, Lafayette, Dentron, Heathkit and More Dave Hollander Equipment 0 June 1st 04 04:46 AM
FS Hallicrafters R-47 Speaker Charlie Hugg Boatanchors 0 January 7th 04 09:20 PM
FS Hallicrafters R-47 Speaker Charlie Hugg Swap 0 January 7th 04 09:18 PM
Hallicrafters for sale JONWEINER Swap 0 November 28th 03 07:22 PM
FS Hallicrafters SX-28 radio, 2 Cases and a large Hallicrafters Speaker Who Swap 1 October 10th 03 07:53 PM