Old March 22nd 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default ARRL's "Diamond Terrace" Memorial

ARRL's "Diamond Terrace" Memorial

I do NOT understand this "fad" of placing bricks on the GROUND
to memorialize someone. I am not about to memorialize anyone
about whom I care or whom I respect by placing their name on
the ground where thoughtless people wipe dog-poop off their shoes
and spit their gum. I don't know who first thought of this fad
(and Lord, I hope it's a "passing fad"),
but it's a bad idea and I would never, ever do it.
Build a wall with the bricks, or anything else
other than a "walk on you daddy" place.
73 David S.

Old March 22nd 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"David Stinson" ) writes:
ARRL's "Diamond Terrace" Memorial

YOu've got the wrong newsgroup.

There is rec.radio.amateur.misc and perhaps even rec.radio.amateur.policy
and now even the moderated rec.radio.amateur.moderated. Two or three
groups should be enough for that sort of discussion, but you see fit
to come to .boatanchors and post this here.

That despite the fact that it's been months, if not longer, since you
actually posted something on-topic here.

Micahel VE2BVW

Old March 23rd 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Mr: Black:
Your opinion is noted, and given all the consideration
it is due.

Follow-up to a letter I received: