Old August 18th 07, 08:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
RdM RdM is offline

Default WTB: 11 pin "octal" m/f cable plug pair for Yaesu FTdx400 & FTV-250

I need a pair (or so*) of 11-pin male plug & female socket (could adapt a
chassis mount perhaps) for a cable between my Yaesu FTdx400 transceiver and
Yaesu FTV-250 2M transverter. (& maybe later daisychain a 6M if I find one!)

*Hm, I see my dx400 has a spare plug; I just need a socket (can make cable)

Thanks for any leads, er, tips, (puns not intended!) or, if anybody has any?
..
Ross Matheson ZL1RDM
in nz, not zz!
Old August 19th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Amphenol sold the "86 and 91-series connectors" product line to WPI in the
1980s --
AND WPI still make these connectors at the Salem, NJ plant (originally
Amphenol plant).
WPI also has facilities in Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C., and Nogales, Mexico.

Web link for catalog and plant site:
http://www.wpi-interconnect.com/salem.htm

WPI Catalog for Salem facility
http://www.wpi-interconnect.com/Cata...alog%20PDF.pdf

Many distributors still carry the line (Newark, Allied Electronics, Arrow
Electronics, etc.)
Page 17 of WPI Resource Guide
http://www.wpi-interconnect.com/Reso...ce%20Guide.pdf

11 pin - 86S11 [Power connector on Collins 516F2 AC Power Supplies and Heath
HP-23 Power Supply]

Metal shield covers for cable usage .. 86-3-13

Triode Electronics - Chicago, IL
http://store.triodestore.com/amphenol.html

ECCO (ELECTRONIC CONNECTOR CORP.)
6332 SOUTH CENTRAL AVENUE
CHICAGO, IL 60638
http://www.eccochicago.com/ecco/index.asp

w9gb

"RdM" wrote in message
I need a pair (or so*) of 11-pin male plug & female socket (could adapt a
chassis mount perhaps) for a cable between my Yaesu FTdx400 transceiver
and
Yaesu FTV-250 2M transverter. (& maybe later daisychain a 6M if I find
one!)

*Hm, I see my dx400 has a spare plug; I just need a socket (can make
cable)

Thanks for any leads, er, tips, (puns not intended!) or, if anybody has
any?
.
Ross Matheson ZL1RDM
in nz, not zz!

Old August 20th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
RdM RdM is offline

"gb" very helpfully wrote in
rec.radio.amateur.boatanchorsReydnf6G_YiByFXbnZ2d :
[...]

Thanks so very much for this compilation! Really generous of you! Saved!

Normally I'd have searched & looked myself, although I wouldn't have known
what they were called; however I was in the middle of working a 4 day weekend,
and just thought to ask here after seeing them mentioned OT in a thread
tangent in rec.audio.tubes (as "11 pin octal") and asking there.

I've just received a reply there too, suggesting yet another source, FYI, in
in case anyone else is looking.
( http://www.radiodaze.com/ under "Vacuum Tube Shields, Plugs & Accessories)

I have yet to fire up either unit, bought s/h at auction, although I am
assured that they work, albeit needing some chassis restoration on the
FTV-250, and some attention to the finals & HT caps on the FTdx400...!

Regards, & thanks again for so kindly providing this info!
RdM