Old September 14th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default 1SA6 or 1SA6GT?

Don Bowey wrote:

I think it might be one of them furrin tubes from before the
standardized letter/number numbering system.

-Chuck
It's a octal base, pentode RF amp. The suggested replacement is a 1N5GT.

Any idea who made it? My RCA data books cover the era when it must have been
made, but have no listing.

-Chuck

I got the tube info from my old Sylvania tube manual. It was up-to-date
through mid-55. The tube was listed in the condensed section, so it was
obsolete at the time it was printed. Don't know who all made it.

The 1N5GT was fully documented, so it was somewhat modern at the time.

My RCA books have the 1N5GT well documented, as you say, but nothing on the
1SA6. They must not have thought it worth stealing. What do you suppose is
the 6th element in the 1SA6?

-Chuck
Old September 14th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Chuck Harris wrote:

My RCA books have the 1N5GT well documented, as you say, but nothing on the
1SA6. They must not have thought it worth stealing. What do you
suppose is the 6th element in the 1SA6?

There's no "sixth" element - it is a pentode. I have no idea why it's a
"6"...

See he

http://comcents.com/radios/1SA6GT.jpg

regards...
--
Sherry

A Tender Tale - a page dedicated to those Ships and Crews
so vital to the United States Silent Service:
http://tendertale.com
Old September 14th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

findatube.com Best service and price.

Pete
"Theo" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can obtain 3 of these tubes?
I have tried the web with no result.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old September 14th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
In article ,
Theo wrote:
Does anyone know where I can obtain 3 of these tubes?
I have tried the web with no result.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Try:
1. Antique Electronics Supply in Phoenix, AZ
2. Triode Electronics in Chicago
3. ESRC in Florida

I can't even find a datasheet on the thing... but it looks
like a
pentode designed for a battery-powered radio.... 1.5V
filament, 90V plate.

I am thinking a 1LD5 or 1LC5 might be a reasonable sub,
with a base
adaptor.
--scott

There is condensed data in old editions of the _ARRL
Radio Amateur's Handbook_, I found it in the 1947 edition.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old September 14th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Randy or Sherry Guttery wrote:
Chuck Harris wrote:

My RCA books have the 1N5GT well documented, as you say, but nothing
on the
1SA6. They must not have thought it worth stealing. What do you
suppose is the 6th element in the 1SA6?

There's no "sixth" element - it is a pentode. I have no idea why it's a
"6"...

Often, the extra element is a shield. So I suppose that could be the
answer.

-Chuck

Old September 14th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Theo wrote:

Many thanks everyone - plenty to go on now!

I have it listed in an old GE Manual if you need any information
on it. Base connections are 6BD, filament 1.4v DC @ 50ma, Ep 90V,
Esg 75V Its an RF Pentode. I found no sub info. Hope this helps.

Irv VE6BP