RadioBanter

-   -   FA: TMC CV-591 vs. CV-1722 SSB Converter? (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/125840-fa-tmc-cv-591-vs-cv-1722-ssb-converter.html)

Larry McGee October 9th 07 06:11 PM

FA: TMC CV-591 vs. CV-1722 SSB Converter?

Hello,
I see there is a TMC-591 - CV-1722 SSB Converter currently on eBay
(250174034634)
Does anyone know the specs on the CV-1722? I know TMC made updates all along
the production period, but haven't found anything specific to the CV-1722.
Thanks for your help. Larry

Randy or Sherry Guttery October 9th 07 08:25 PM

Larry McGee wrote:

Hello,
I see there is a TMC-591 - CV-1722 SSB Converter currently on eBay
(250174034634)
Does anyone know the specs on the CV-1722? I know TMC made updates all along
the production period, but haven't found anything specific to the CV-1722.
Thanks for your help. Larry

They are for all intent and purposes the same. TMC issued updates - 4
or 5 IIRC - during the production runs - many of which were made to
units as they either went through depot level maintenance - or in the
field by a tech who would decide to install it on their own. AFAIK other
than the mods - the only difference between th cv-591 and the cv-1722 is
the production contracts (dates).

hths
--
Sherry Guttery

A Tender Tale - a page dedicated to those Ships and Crews
so vital to the United States Silent Service:
http://tendertale.com