RadioBanter

-   -   Yaesu FRG-7 dial light problem solved. (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/126630-yaesu-frg-7-dial-light-problem-solved.html)

[email protected] November 2nd 07 12:57 AM

Yaesu FRG-7 dial light problem solved.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

I am in Denver, and Fistell's a long-time local electronics
supply house whose life has been in limbo since death of
original owner had some 12-14 volt bulbs which I successfully
installed. The lamps came with the rubber insert bushings . . .

Price was $2.49 each. This was for the MAIN tuning dial on the
radio which uses TWO.

There are six other lamps, 4 for the PRESELECT dial and
2 for the MHz dial (which are still good). But these are apparently
a slightly different bulb according to the schematic & parts list.

They have about 50 more similar `wheat grain' lamps.
Their part number for this bulb is: BPCY-0081001

For anyone interested, Fistell's is at 1001 Bannock St, Denver.
Phone: 303-393-6000

Bill, KC0IZI

Scott Dorsey November 2nd 07 06:12 PM

Yaesu FRG-7 dial light problem solved.

In article ,
wrote:

For anyone interested, Fistell's is at 1001 Bannock St, Denver.
Phone: 303-393-6000

Are they still open? When I was working at DFW airport last year,
we went by their place (and I want to think it was in Aurora) to
find it was all boarded up. Wound up paying Digi-Key to overnight
some connectors to us.
--scott