Old November 4th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Any good electronics/ham stores in Detroit?

Hello all,
I am wondering if there are any interesting ham or just plain ol'
electronics stores in the Detroit area that are interesting to browse? I am
spending a lot of time in the Detroit area and occasionally have an
afternoon free and could use a suggestion as to where the locals buy their
stuff? Any good parts outlets too? Thanks.

Smokey

Old November 6th 07, 10:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Sorry, Smokey. So far as I know, you're about 30 years too late. You
can check Detroit's Best Suburb (Chicago) or Cleveland, or do the swaps.
Next one up is the L'Anse Cruse on December 2. Or drop in on one of
the local clubs. HPARC(.org) has its next meeting on Nov. 14. Check out
the DART repeater on 146.64.

Jerry W9NPI

Old November 8th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

There is a decent parts store on Ford and Newburgh roads in Westland.
"Electronic Connection" I believe. No BA stuff, but lots of what Radio Shack
carried back in the day.
Bob

Old November 8th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Thanks Bob for the recommendation! When you live someplace like me that is
remote and have regular sorties into a city like Detroit it is refreshing
even to find a parts store.

I'll certainly check it out.

Thanks again!