Old November 13th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default FS/FT Valiant I (factory built)

I have happened onto a second Johnson Valiant I transmitter, a
factory-wired model. If I did not have another V-1 in comparable
condition (mine has all the ER audio mods), this one would be an
absolute keeper. No mods done other then the one that accommodates the
EFJ SSB adaptor. Front panel is in excellent condition. The inside top
chassis is clean and absolutely no signs of rust or corrosion on the
iron. The underside is a joy to behold. It looks like out-of-the-box,
literally! I have begun to replace the electrolytics and may proceed
with the important VFO screen resistor mod. If there's someone in the
mid-Atlantic area looking for a truly excellent, collector-quality
Valiant, this one is it. I'm asking $300 as it now stands (although the
caps will have been changed out, and the rig already has some 3B28's in
it). With the VFO mod gets done, it'll be a bit more. I have all the
requisite books and the SSB Mod sheets. No shipping* as I'd like anyone
to see it first. Be happy to meet anyone an hour or so distant from the
mid-Maryland/DC area. I do not believe that you will not find a nicer
Valiant....anywhere! JPEGs available.

*Valiants don't take to shipping, anyway, and I simply won't risk the
ride...

73 de Jeep/K3HVG