RadioBanter

-   -   Tube cartons? (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/127081-tube-cartons.html)

Theo November 13th 07 10:15 PM

Tube cartons?

Any ideas of where I can obtain new vacuum tube cartons?
I have a 100+ octal based tubes that I have tested and need to store safely.
I have searched the web without result.
Any help would be appreciated.

Tim Wescott November 13th 07 10:38 PM

Tube cartons?

Theo wrote:
Any ideas of where I can obtain new vacuum tube cartons?
I have a 100+ octal based tubes that I have tested and need to store safely.
I have searched the web without result.
Any help would be appreciated.

Antique Radio Supply -- www.tubesandmore.com.

They have individual white boxes, and they have "egg cartons" for
storing lots of tubes.

Or, they did the last time I looked...

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Scott Dorsey November 14th 07 12:59 AM

Tube cartons?

Theo wrote:
Any ideas of where I can obtain new vacuum tube cartons?
I have a 100+ octal based tubes that I have tested and need to store safely.
I have searched the web without result.
Any help would be appreciated.

Antique Electronics Supply in Arizona is a good first start.
--scott

K3HVG[_2_] November 14th 07 11:02 AM

Tube cartons?

Theo wrote:
Any ideas of where I can obtain new vacuum tube cartons?
I have a 100+ octal based tubes that I have tested and need to store safely.
I have searched the web without result.
Any help would be appreciated.

Angela Instrument (Maryland) has a nice deal on tube boxes. Most are
"branded" but have a good price.

Antonio Vernucci November 14th 07 08:04 PM

Tube cartons?

Any ideas of where I can obtain new vacuum tube cartons?
I have a 100+ octal based tubes that I have tested and need to store safely.
I have searched the web without result.
Any help would be appreciated.

Vacuum tube cartons are usually expensive. I would not have a source to
recommend you.

But if your purpose is only that of storing your octal tubes safely, you may do
it the way I do it.

I first wrap the tube with newspapers paper and then push it into a carton
cylinder salvaged from toilet paper. I am not sure whether the inner cylinder of
US toilet paper is rigid enough to do the job. Our is perfect.

Then I write tube type on the carton side.

73

Tony I0JX

pltrgyst November 14th 07 10:51 PM

Tube cartons?

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:04:22 +0100, "Antonio Vernucci" wrote:

Any ideas of where I can obtain new vacuum tube cartons?
I have a 100+ octal based tubes that I have tested and need to store safely.

I first wrap the tube with newspapers paper and then push it into a carton
cylinder salvaged from toilet paper....

Great suggestion, but he's gonna have to spend a lot of money on prune juice...

-- Larry

Theo November 15th 07 10:53 AM

Tube cartons?

wrote:

Any ideas of where I can obtain new vacuum tube cartons?
I have a 100+ octal based tubes that I have tested and need to store

safely.

I first wrap the tube with newspapers paper and then push it into a

carton
cylinder salvaged from toilet paper....

Great suggestion, but he's gonna have to spend a lot of money on prune

juice...

Yes, prune juice certainly gives you a good run for your money!