Old November 13th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Tube cartons?

Any ideas of where I can obtain new vacuum tube cartons?
I have a 100+ octal based tubes that I have tested and need to store safely.
I have searched the web without result.
Any help would be appreciated.

Old November 13th 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Theo wrote:
Any ideas of where I can obtain new vacuum tube cartons?
I have a 100+ octal based tubes that I have tested and need to store safely.
I have searched the web without result.
Any help would be appreciated.

Antique Radio Supply -- www.tubesandmore.com.

They have individual white boxes, and they have "egg cartons" for
storing lots of tubes.

Or, they did the last time I looked...

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Old November 14th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Theo wrote:
Any ideas of where I can obtain new vacuum tube cartons?
I have a 100+ octal based tubes that I have tested and need to store safely.
I have searched the web without result.
Any help would be appreciated.

Antique Electronics Supply in Arizona is a good first start.
--scott
Old November 14th 07, 11:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Theo wrote:
Any ideas of where I can obtain new vacuum tube cartons?
I have a 100+ octal based tubes that I have tested and need to store safely.
I have searched the web without result.
Any help would be appreciated.

Angela Instrument (Maryland) has a nice deal on tube boxes. Most are
"branded" but have a good price.

Old November 14th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Any ideas of where I can obtain new vacuum tube cartons?
I have a 100+ octal based tubes that I have tested and need to store safely.
I have searched the web without result.
Any help would be appreciated.

Vacuum tube cartons are usually expensive. I would not have a source to
recommend you.

But if your purpose is only that of storing your octal tubes safely, you may do
it the way I do it.

I first wrap the tube with newspapers paper and then push it into a carton
cylinder salvaged from toilet paper. I am not sure whether the inner cylinder of
US toilet paper is rigid enough to do the job. Our is perfect.

Then I write tube type on the carton side.

73

Tony I0JX

Old November 14th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:04:22 +0100, "Antonio Vernucci" wrote:

Any ideas of where I can obtain new vacuum tube cartons?
I have a 100+ octal based tubes that I have tested and need to store safely.

I first wrap the tube with newspapers paper and then push it into a carton
cylinder salvaged from toilet paper....

Great suggestion, but he's gonna have to spend a lot of money on prune juice...

-- Larry
Old November 15th 07, 10:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wrote:

Any ideas of where I can obtain new vacuum tube cartons?
I have a 100+ octal based tubes that I have tested and need to store

safely.

I first wrap the tube with newspapers paper and then push it into a

carton
cylinder salvaged from toilet paper....

Great suggestion, but he's gonna have to spend a lot of money on prune

juice...

Yes, prune juice certainly gives you a good run for your money!