RadioBanter

-   -   FYI - [email protected] (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/128462-fyi-mi5victim%40mi5-gov-uk.html)

Ron H December 21st 07 08:47 PM

FYI - [email protected]

I sent off a note to the mail server that the jerk calling himself
used for numerous postings. Here is the reply:

Bert Hyman December 21st 07 08:49 PM

FYI - [email protected]

In "Ron H"
wrote:

I sent off a note to the mail server that the jerk calling himself
used for numerous postings. Here is the reply:

MI5 Have Systematically Destroyed My Life (31033)

We have received a large number of complaints regarding one of our
former customers flooding various newsgroups with "MI5 Persecution"
posts. We have removed this customer from our active database and he
will no longer be allowed to use our servers.

We appreciate your role in helping us to locate this user.

All very interesting, but they've been sending that same response for
months; all the while the posts continue.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

Irv Finkleman December 21st 07 10:25 PM

FYI - [email protected]

Ron H wrote:
I sent off a note to the mail server that the jerk calling himself
used for numerous postings. Here is the reply:

Thanks Ron!

Irv VE6BP

MI5 Have Systematically Destroyed My Life (31033)

We have received a large number of complaints regarding
one of our
former customers flooding various newsgroups with "MI5
Persecution"
posts. We have removed this customer from our active
database and he
will no longer be allowed to use our servers.

We appreciate your role in helping us to locate this
user.

All very interesting, but they've been sending that same
response for
months; all the while the posts continue.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

This may be because the sender cross-posted his
messages to many news groups and replys show up in all of
them. It takes a long time for the reverberations to stop.
Also, the original sender made the rounds of many ISP's.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

geek December 21st 07 11:30 PM

FYI - [email protected]

Thanks!

I hope Santa grants your wishes for this :-)
__
Gregg

Bert Hyman December 21st 07 11:51 PM

FYI - [email protected]

In "Richard Knoppow"
wrote:

It takes a long time for the reverberations to stop.

Nope.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

Richard Knoppow December 22nd 07 12:39 AM

FYI - [email protected]

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
In "Richard
Knoppow"
wrote:

It takes a long time for the reverberations to stop.

Nope.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

Nope what? I also complained while there were many new
posts from the original poster and got this reply. All of
the posts I've seen in the last several weeks were people
responding to the original posts or to replys or replys to
replys, etc. The guy probably posted to hundreds of groups.
When something is cross-posted the replys go to all the
groups unless the header is edited. Sometimes its hard to
tell if you are replying to an original or not. Also, keep
in mind that some news servers keep messages for a
relatively long time. Are you sure that the stuff you are
seeing is recent?

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Bert Hyman December 22nd 07 03:24 PM

FYI - [email protected]

In "Richard Knoppow"
wrote:

Nope what? I also complained while there were many new
posts from the original poster and got this reply. All of
the posts I've seen in the last several weeks were people
responding to the original posts or to replys or replys to
replys, etc.

Oh, -those reverberations; I thought you meant the cross-posts
themselves. Sorry for being a smartass.

Still, this is one of the easiest annoyances to get rid of with
newsreader filtering, since the From: line never changes, and the
Subject: always has the same keyword. If you filter on the Subject:,
you'll never even see the follow-ups.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

Tim Wescott December 22nd 07 05:22 PM

FYI - [email protected]

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 15:24:39 +0000, Bert Hyman wrote:

In "Richard Knoppow"
wrote:

Nope what? I also complained while there were many new
posts from the original poster and got this reply. All of the posts
I've seen in the last several weeks were people responding to the
original posts or to replys or replys to replys, etc.

Oh, -those reverberations; I thought you meant the cross-posts
themselves. Sorry for being a smartass.

Still, this is one of the easiest annoyances to get rid of with
newsreader filtering, since the From: line never changes, and the
you'll never even see the follow-ups.

Until someone posts a new thread, with a sufficiently different format
(like this one) to get through my filters.

Oh well, _these_ reverberations shouldn't take too long.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott December 22nd 07 05:23 PM

FYI - [email protected]

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 14:47:08 -0600, Ron H wrote:

I sent off a note to the mail server that the jerk calling himself
used for numerous postings. Here is the reply:

Department Response Fw: MI5-Persecution: MI5 Have Systematically
Destroyed My Life (31033)

We have received a large number of complaints regarding one of our
former customers flooding various newsgroups with "MI5 Persecution"
posts. We have removed this customer from our active database and he
will no longer be allowed to use our servers.

We appreciate your role in helping us to locate this user.

--
Newsdemon.com Support Team
http://www.newsdemon.com

--

Ron H

So, do you work directly for MI5, are you a contractor, or just an
unwitting stooge?

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com