Old February 2nd 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default WTB powertransformer SX 100

after finishing my restoration project of a hallicrafters SX 100 I need the
power transformer to bring it in the origional condition
I have a number of hallicrafters but the SX 100 is the best of them !
thanks hans

Old February 2nd 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 2/2/08 9:17 AM, in article ,
"jfjp kruijs voorberge" wrote:

after finishing my restoration project of a hallicrafters SX 100 I need the
power transformer to bring it in the origional condition
I have a number of hallicrafters but the SX 100 is the best of them !
thanks hans

They are very good, *except* their mechanical instability is horrible. I
could never use a key or bug on the same table with the receiver. Mine was
new.

Old February 2nd 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 10:03:54 -0800, Don Bowey
wrote:

On 2/2/08 9:17 AM, in article ,
"jfjp kruijs voorberge" wrote:

after finishing my restoration project of a hallicrafters SX 100 I need the
power transformer to bring it in the origional condition
I have a number of hallicrafters but the SX 100 is the best of them !
thanks hans

They are very good, *except* their mechanical instability is horrible. I
could never use a key or bug on the same table with the receiver. Mine was
new.

I bought a brand new one in 1957. Couldn't wait to get it home and
listen to some SSB transmissions. I set it on our bed and plugged it
in. Just touching the bed sent it warbling all over the place. About
the least stable receiver I ever owned.

Dick - W6CCD