Old February 26th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Is this Pilot set real?

Leanne wrote:
"K3HVG" wrote in message
. ..
nesesu wrote:
On Feb 24, 10:02 am, J Ventry-McGee wrote:
Hmm, 1946. This must be one of the first postwar models to use
subminiature tubes.

I'm curious, what is the first consumer radio to use all subminiature
tubes?

Best,

Jeremiah

RCA BP-10 ?

Neil S

ARC Corp. used the sub-miniature tubes extensively in their comm/nav
equipment. The MIL PRC-6 used them as did the RCA SRR-11/12/13 and
FRR-21/22/23 receivers. I still have a small drawer full of them. As I
recall, didn't Motorola also use them extensively in their portable
VHF radio sets as used by FD's, etc?

They were also used in the AN/ARN-21 TACAN sets in aircraft.

Leanne - W1WXS

I have an old '60's Motorola Dispatcher motorcycle
transceiver that used mostly submin tubes (with fine-wire
leads) in the transmitter--"instant-on" when you
pushed-to-talk...

But I'm afraid that nobody helped on the original Question!
Somebody believed that the Pilot Radio was
authentic-looking enough to pay $510. for it.

afcsman W9NPI

AF FIGHTER PILOT COMES OUT FOR 9/11 David Eduardo[_3_] Shortwave 0 April 6th 07 04:19 AM
AF FIGHTER PILOT/INST. COMES OUT FOR 9/11 David Eduardo[_2_] Shortwave 5 April 5th 07 07:40 PM
YS-60 Pilot lights out David Thompson Equipment 0 December 14th 06 11:54 PM
Pilot gets SPANKED R.F. Burns CB 3 June 1st 06 08:53 AM
PLC/BPL Pilot in Hobart, Tasmania Stephen Newlyn Shortwave 0 April 23rd 04 09:44 AM