Old March 28th 08, 06:38 PM
Junior Member

Default AR88d or LF

Hi

I am after 2 knobs for the AR88 - 2 tone/noise limiter type - any idea where I can get them would appriciated.

Bill Knox
Old March 29th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Bill Knox wrote:
Hi

I am after 2 knobs for the AR88 - 2 tone/noise limiter type - any idea
where I can get them would appriciated.

Bill Knox

I may have these knobs. I'll check some AR-88 photos to confirm. Can
you measure the skirt diameter? Regards de K3HVG

Old March 30th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Kevin Dooks wrote:

Sorry for the somewhat off topic reply but does anyone know where I
could obtain a vibrator PS for an AR88 or CR91 ? It doesn't have to
work as long as the transformer is ok. Also looking for a rear apron
cover (4in. by 17in.) to fit the desktop cabinet of an AR88.

Build your own. Use a center-tapped filament transformer wired in
reverse as the vibrator transformer. You may have to try several to
find one that is efficient at the high frequency. In general, don't
even think of big toroids which are often designed specifically to be
lossy above 60 Hz.

I have a four-pin 6V vibrator sitting here that you can have. It
does not work; probably just needs contact cleaning and burnishing.
--scott
Old March 31st 08, 07:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 16:21:02 -0400, K3HVG wrote:

Bill Knox wrote:
Hi

I am after 2 knobs for the AR88 - 2 tone/noise limiter type - any idea
where I can get them would appriciated.

Bill Knox

I may have these knobs. I'll check some AR-88 photos to confirm. Can
you measure the skirt diameter? Regards de K3HVG

Sorry for the somewhat off topic reply but does anyone know where I
could obtain a vibrator PS for an AR88 or CR91 ? It doesn't have to
work as long as the transformer is ok. Also looking for a rear apron
cover (4in. by 17in.) to fit the desktop cabinet of an AR88.

I also have a parts chassis with IFs, iron and an intact tuning unit
with gear drive if anyone has need of a few odds and sods.

TIA

Kevin

Old April 6th 08, 02:45 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3HVG[_2_] View Post
Bill Knox wrote:
Hi

I am after 2 knobs for the AR88 - 2 tone/noise limiter type - any idea
where I can get them would appriciated.

Bill Knox

I may have these knobs. I'll check some AR-88 photos to confirm. Can
you measure the skirt diameter? Regards de K3HVG
Hi K3HVG

I do not know the exact size as the knobs on my AR88 are nothing like the original, but they should be the small ones that are about 25mm dia at the base of the knob.
I hope that info is of help to you.

Regards

Bill

Old April 6th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Bill Knox wrote:
'K3HVG[_2_ Wrote:
;624502']Bill Knox wrote:-
Hi

I am after 2 knobs for the AR88 - 2 tone/noise limiter type - any
idea
where I can get them would appriciated.

Bill Knox

I do not know the exact size as the knobs on my AR88 are nothing like
the original, but they should be the small ones that are about 25mm dia
at the base of the knob.
I hope that info is of help to you.

Regards

Bill

Bill, It appears that I have a number of the required knobs. What is
your address?

Jeep/K3HVG

AR88D David K Boatanchors 0 November 10th 04 09:05 PM
AR88D David K Boatanchors 0 November 10th 04 09:05 PM
FA: RCA AR88D vintage valve receiver. UK collection only Semach.the.monkey Equipment 0 July 20th 04 07:43 PM
FA: RCA AR88D vintage valve receiver. UK collection only Semach.the.monkey Equipment 0 July 20th 04 07:43 PM
FA: RCA AR88D vintage valve receiver. UK collection only Semach.the.monkey Swap 0 July 20th 04 07:22 PM