Old June 6th 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Continuing Saga: HQ-145

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 01:55:11 UTC, Don Bowey wrote:

On 6/5/08 5:34 PM, in article BJ4mQCBKg9HM-pn2-b9dUd7dd4Ep4@localhost,
"Count Floyd" wrote:

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 22:04:46 UTC, "Tio Pedro"
wrote:

"Tio Pedro" wrote in message

One other idea. The burnt smell could be a resistor, and
might be the result of a failed component. My HQ-145
had a burnt resistor which was caused by the IF transformer
failure. Have examined the chassis to see if there are any
burnt parts?

Pete

Pete,
Have not checked, I am trying to find someone in my area to recap and
fix the radio as it is really beautiful shape, all knobs, no
scratches, really great looks! I wish that I had the knowledge to fix
the radio.
Bob

Where do you live? Perhaps someone will volunteer.

Hobe Sound, Florida, just 10 mile south of Stuart and 7 miles north of
Tequesta.