Old October 14th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Need Help Identifying...

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody recognizes this piece of equipment?
I'm not sure what it goes to or what the actual intended purpose is,so
any info that can be provided would be great.

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leslierz3.jpg

Thank You
Old October 14th 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

It's a BC-458 transmitter of the "command set" series
used in aircraft.

You can find a schematic here
http://www.one-electron.com/FC_Military.html

73
Grumpy

wrote in news:edd58c6b-2ae8-4da0-8d81-
:

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leslierz3.jpg

Old October 14th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

5.3 - 7 MHz ARC-5 transmitter.
AKA Command Set Transmitter
AKA SCR-274-N
AKA BC-458

Transmitter out of WW-II aircraft. Bombers used them. Yours looks to be in
reasonable unmodified condition.

Can be sold on e-Bay. If you do that, take photos of the back, sides,
inside top and inside bottom (many screws).

Colin K7FM

Old October 14th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Thanks for the help guys.
I wont have a use for this so I guess i'll see if I can find somebody
to buy it...Any ideas on what would be a fair price to ask?

I Appreciate the help

Identifying CW Key none Equipment 2 May 20th 08 07:25 PM
Help identifying connector jack Homebrew 2 March 9th 07 03:26 PM
Help identifying devices Paul_Morphy Homebrew 0 May 12th 04 04:48 AM
Identifying a KWM-2 Bob Rinaldi Boatanchors 0 December 3rd 03 01:44 PM
identifying interference Usman Muzaffar Scanner 2 October 20th 03 02:15 PM