RadioBanter

-   -   Need Collins IF Filter Pinout (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/138762-need-collins-if-filter-pinout.html)

Jeff[_6_] November 21st 08 05:24 PM

Need Collins IF Filter Pinout

Can someout please give me the pinout for the black Collins "bathtub"
IF filters used in various boaranchor receivers? They have two groups
of three pins on each end of the filter. One is marked with a ground
symbol, but what about the other two?

I've found several excellent web pages that deal with identifying the
filter characteristics from the part number, but I have yet to find
any pinout information. Curious...

Thank you.

73,
Jeff
N6MNI

Tio Pedro November 21st 08 08:17 PM

"Jeff" wrote in message
Can someout please give me the pinout for the black Collins "bathtub"
IF filters used in various boaranchor receivers? They have two groups
of three pins on each end of the filter. One is marked with a ground
symbol, but what about the other two?
Thank you.

73,
Jeff
N6MNI

The two outside pins, at the outside edges, are for the input and
output. The black bakelite S-Line style filters require a
resonating capacitor. You should be able to see coil resistance
between either outside pair.

Pete