Old November 21st 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Need Collins IF Filter Pinout

Can someout please give me the pinout for the black Collins "bathtub"
IF filters used in various boaranchor receivers? They have two groups
of three pins on each end of the filter. One is marked with a ground
symbol, but what about the other two?

I've found several excellent web pages that deal with identifying the
filter characteristics from the part number, but I have yet to find
any pinout information. Curious...

Thank you.

73,
Jeff
N6MNI
Old November 21st 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Jeff" wrote in message
Can someout please give me the pinout for the black Collins "bathtub"
IF filters used in various boaranchor receivers? They have two groups
of three pins on each end of the filter. One is marked with a ground
symbol, but what about the other two?
Thank you.

73,
Jeff
N6MNI

The two outside pins, at the outside edges, are for the input and
output. The black bakelite S-Line style filters require a
resonating capacitor. You should be able to see coil resistance
between either outside pair.

Pete

Collins CW filter Antonio Vernucci Boatanchors 2 March 13th 06 07:35 PM
FS COLLINS Filter M. Kassay Boatanchors 0 September 6th 04 02:17 AM
FS COLLINS Filter M. Kassay Swap 0 September 6th 04 02:17 AM
FA: COLLINS F-500-B-31 filter; last day!! Sindre Torp Swap 0 February 6th 04 09:08 PM
FA: COLLINS F-500-B-31 filter; last day Sindre Torp Boatanchors 0 February 6th 04 09:07 PM