Old December 8th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default MC2831

Not really a boatanchor question, but I am looking for some of the old
Motorola MC2831 FM transmitter chips which were discontinued a decade or
so ago. I'd take one of the MC2833 chips which are similar (they have a second
dedicated transistor instead of a tone generator on-chip). I'd prefer
the DIP package but I'd even take an SMT that I could stick on an adaptor.

Anybody got a couple in their junk box?
--scott
Old December 8th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Not really a boatanchor question, but I am looking for some of the old
Motorola MC2831 FM transmitter chips which were discontinued a decade or
so ago. I'd take one of the MC2833 chips which are similar (they have a
second
dedicated transistor instead of a tone generator on-chip). I'd prefer
the DIP package but I'd even take an SMT that I could stick on an adaptor.

Anybody got a couple in their junk box?
--scott

Consolidated Electronics online catalog says they have the MC2831 in stock
(http://www.ceitron.com/semi/semi.phtml?part=MC2831).

Hth,
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end, the faster
it goes.