Old June 2nd 09, 03:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default WTB: WANTED: TOP COVER FOR TS-950SDX

Looking for a nice, clean top cover for a Kenwood TS-950SDX.
Thanks, Bob W1CNY
Old June 5th 09, 03:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Kenwood TS-520S question

I joined the Kenwood list but so far have not received
any replys so I thought I would try here.
I recently bought a TS-520S. Its very clean but has a
problem in transmit: there is no drive on either 160 or 80
meters. The receiver works fine on these bands.
I can see a modification has been made. In the area of
the crystals near the front panel two crystals have been
added and use the RF attenuator switch to change them. I
tried to see if switching made any difference to the drive
but it does not.
I wonder if anyone recognizes this as a common mod for
this transceiver and knows how to undo it. I searched around
for mods but there seem to be a great many. I have an
operating manual from the Kenwood site and a service manual
from another site along with a high-rez schematic (those in
the handbook are unreadable). Eventually, I will trace this
thing down but I was hoping someone would have encountered
this before. I don't see any other signs of surgery on this
thing.
The only other thing I found was that someone had
neatly clipped out one of the wires supplying the fan. Why
anyone would do this is beyond me. I replaced the lead and
the fan works fine.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles

Wanted: Kenwood TS-950SDX K2OK Swap 0 January 28th 09 11:12 PM
WANTED: KENWOOD TS-950SDX [email protected] Swap 0 November 13th 08 11:29 PM
WANTED: KENWOOD TS-950SDX [email protected] Swap 0 November 13th 08 11:29 PM
Wanted..top cover for a IC-746 Tim Randa Swap 0 January 20th 08 07:58 PM
cover Wanted M. Kassay Swap 0 March 8th 04 12:39 AM