Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 15th 09, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Hallicrafters S-38 loose lead question

.. I have had an S-38 on the shelf for a few years and finally got
around to recapping it this weekend. All went well and it does play
but not as well as I figure it should. I did find one loose wire that
is attached to S1B terminal “O” and goes nowhere. There is another
lead attached to that same terminal which goes to the antenna terminal
lug 4. I don’t see this extra lead on the circuit diagram and it does
appear to be a lead that was there when the rig was built. It look
like a cream colored lead with red stripes. I wonder if anyone has
any idea where this lead is supposed to go? I