Old December 4th 09, 02:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Help needed with HQ 129X BFO

Does anyone in the group have experience with the BFO on the HQ 129X?
I have a warbling on my BFO note. It is bouncing around alittle
continually. I pulled the metal cover under the bfo tube and changed
the wax caps there already. The resistors and the tube test ok.I have
already recapped the rcvr. Is my next spot to look the BFO can? It
looks like a nightmare to get into. Any suggestions and hints will be
appreciated. Thanks and 73, Mike KF6KXG