Old February 19th 10, 09:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default WTB Round 5-inch PM speaker

Seems a little silly to have to advertise for one of these but I need a 5
inch round 4 ohm PM speaker for a restoration of my Hallicrafters S-72.
Anyone have one in good condition for sale? Not looking to shake anyone down
for a freebee...I prefer to pay my own fare.

Ahhh for the good old days when old metal cabinet TV sets could always be
found in alleys waiting for the trash man...or enthusiastic radio guys
harvesting parts.

Smokey

Old February 20th 10, 12:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

SX-25 wrote:
Seems a little silly to have to advertise for one of these but I need a 5
inch round 4 ohm PM speaker for a restoration of my Hallicrafters S-72.
Anyone have one in good condition for sale? Not looking to shake anyone down
for a freebee...I prefer to pay my own fare.

Try your local Quam-Nichols dealer... they still make all the same drivers
they made in the 1950s and they still work just as well. My local outfit
is Cain Electronics in Hampton, VA.

Ahhh for the good old days when old metal cabinet TV sets could always be
found in alleys waiting for the trash man...or enthusiastic radio guys
harvesting parts.

The parts are different today, but new CRT TV sets are being pitched
right and left and they have some pretty nifty stuff inside.
--scott