RadioBanter

-   -   AR88D - R10 resistor blows in the RF stage (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/151202-ar88d-r10-resistor-blows-rf-stage.html)

timlad28 May 4th 10 12:16 PM

AR88D - R10 resistor blows in the RF stage

Hi,

I hope somebody could help me.

Recently acquired RCA AR88D. Resistor R10 (1000 ohms) in the RF stage has blown. Replaced with new resistor and that also fried. Where should I be looking?

Many thanks in advance,
Tim

Richard Knoppow May 4th 10 07:23 PM

AR88D - R10 resistor blows in the RF stage

"timlad28" wrote in
message ...

--
timlad28

Check C-63, to see if its shorted.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles

timlad28 May 9th 10 06:32 PM

Hi Richard,

Finally had the time today to check C-63 and yes, it had shorted. It was replaced and the AR88D burst back into life. Many thanks for helping me out - it's really appreciated!

All the best,
Tim

Richard Knoppow May 10th 10 04:53 PM

AR88D - R10 resistor blows in the RF stage

"timlad28" wrote in
message ...

Hi Richard,

Finally had the time today to check C-63 and yes, it had
shorted. It
was replaced and the AR88D burst back into life. Many
thanks for
helping me out - it's really appreciated!

All the best,
Tim

Glad I could help. These are great receivers despite
their age.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles