Old May 4th 10, 12:16 PM
Junior Member

Location: Cambridge
Send a message via MSN to timlad28 Send a message via Yahoo to timlad28
Default AR88D - R10 resistor blows in the RF stage

Hi,

I hope somebody could help me.

Recently acquired RCA AR88D. Resistor R10 (1000 ohms) in the RF stage has blown. Replaced with new resistor and that also fried. Where should I be looking?

Many thanks in advance,
Tim

Last edited by timlad28 : May 4th 10 at 04:49 PM
Old May 4th 10, 07:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"timlad28" wrote in
message ...

--
timlad28

Check C-63, to see if its shorted.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles

Old May 9th 10, 06:32 PM
Junior Member

Location: Cambridge
Send a message via MSN to timlad28 Send a message via Yahoo to timlad28
Smile

Hi Richard,

Finally had the time today to check C-63 and yes, it had shorted. It was replaced and the AR88D burst back into life. Many thanks for helping me out - it's really appreciated!

All the best,
Tim

Old May 10th 10, 04:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"timlad28" wrote in
message ...

Hi Richard,

Finally had the time today to check C-63 and yes, it had
shorted. It
was replaced and the AR88D burst back into life. Many
thanks for
helping me out - it's really appreciated!

All the best,
Tim

Glad I could help. These are great receivers despite
their age.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles

Class-C stage grid resistor Antonio Vernucci Boatanchors 27 February 7th 10 08:38 PM
AR88D Restoration3 Mike the Brewer[_4_] Radio Photos 2 July 7th 09 11:02 AM
AR88d or LF Bill Knox Boatanchors 5 April 6th 08 06:46 PM
AR88D David K Boatanchors 0 November 10th 04 10:05 PM
AR88D David K Boatanchors 0 November 10th 04 10:05 PM