Old August 12th 11, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Need repair of taut band meter movement

Does anyone know of a good reliable meter repair shop that can
repair a taut band meter that has a broken band? None of the local
shops repair, just replace.

Thanks,

Jim, WA5DXP

Old August 12th 11, 02:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

In article ,
Jim wrote:
Does anyone know of a good reliable meter repair shop that can
repair a taut band meter that has a broken band? None of the local
shops repair, just replace.

http://www.hoytmeter.com/

Also Simpson Electric in Illinois.
--scott

Old August 13th 11, 06:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Dear Scott;

Thanks for the great lead, I wrote to Hoyt and sent photogrphs of
the movement. I'll keep you posted.

There is only one "instrument repair" shop in my area, and they
won't touch a taught band meter movement, just replace. I guess
all the old craftsmen didn't survive Katrina.

Jim, WA5DXP