Old July 28th 12, 08:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Gonset power supply / modulator diagram

I am looking for the schematic diagram of the Gonset power supply /
modulator nod. 3117 (DC only) for the G-77 transmitter.

Note: I already downloaded from BAMA the diagram of power supply / modulator
mod. 3201 (DC + AC), but the 3117 is somewhat different.

Would any one having it be willing to make a scan for me?

Thanks & 73

Tony I0JX
Rome, Italy

Old July 30th 12, 04:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

In article ,
"Antonio I0JX" wrote:

I am looking for the schematic diagram of the Gonset power supply /
modulator nod. 3117 (DC only) for the G-77 transmitter.

Note: I already downloaded from BAMA the diagram of power supply / modulator
mod. 3201 (DC + AC), but the 3117 is somewhat different.

Would any one having it be willing to make a scan for me?

Thanks & 73

Tony I0JX
Rome, Italy

Tony-

For specs, go to http://www.rigpix.com/gonset/g77.htm. At the bottom
of the page you can click on "User manual", which takes you to
http://www.rigpix.com/gonset/g77_manual.pdf.

There is no mention of the 3201, only the 3117. The manual has the
diagram, but it is split with no overlap.

Fred
K4DII
Old July 31st 12, 11:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

ungli jigal talks about the story of four years life "Engineering Student"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-MweIUKAig

subscribe for more footages
Old July 31st 12, 11:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Old July 31st 12, 07:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Tony-

For specs, go to http://www.rigpix.com/gonset/g77.htm. At the bottom
of the page you can click on "User manual", which takes you to
http://www.rigpix.com/gonset/g77_manual.pdf.

There is no mention of the 3201, only the 3117. The manual has the
diagram, but it is split with no overlap.

Fred
K4DII

Hi Fred,

the file on rigpix is actually the same file I had downloaded from BAMA. But
I had not realized that it also contains the model 3117 diagram.

So, thank you for pinpointing that.

Yes, a little piece of the diagram is missing, but no practical problem.

BTW I have determined that:

- power supply / modulator model 3117 (DC only with vibrator) was standard
for transmitter G-77
- power supply / modulator model 3201 (DC or 115VAC) was standard for
transmitter G-77A

I believe that model 3117 cannot be readily converted to AC operation (e.g.
by removing the vibrator and feeding 6VAC o 12VAC into its socket), as the
transformer is sized for the vibrator frequency, that is about 120 Hz. At 50
or 60 Hz the transformer would presumably draw too high a current under no
load conditions.

73

Tony I0JX
Rome, Italy

Old August 1st 12, 07:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

In article ,
"Antonio I0JX" wrote:

I believe that model 3117 cannot be readily converted to AC operation (e.g.
by removing the vibrator and feeding 6VAC o 12VAC into its socket), as the
transformer is sized for the vibrator frequency, that is about 120 Hz. At 50
or 60 Hz the transformer would presumably draw too high a current under no
load conditions.

Tony-

It might be worth a try with 6 or 12 VAC. I'd go for 12.6 VAC with a 10
Amp fuse to start with for protection.

According to the manual, it draws 9 Amperes at 13.5 VDC when
transmitting. That should be within the capacity of many modern DC
power supplies designed for a 100 Watt HF rig. Getting a good vibrator
might be a problem!

Fred
K4DII
Old August 1st 12, 09:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

In article ,
Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article ,
"Antonio I0JX" wrote:

I believe that model 3117 cannot be readily converted to AC operation (e.g.
by removing the vibrator and feeding 6VAC o 12VAC into its socket), as the
transformer is sized for the vibrator frequency, that is about 120 Hz. At 50
or 60 Hz the transformer would presumably draw too high a current under no
load conditions.

It might be worth a try with 6 or 12 VAC. I'd go for 12.6 VAC with a 10
Amp fuse to start with for protection.

Take the output of your 6V transformer... put it into a bridge rectifier
and then a series electrolytic.... Voila! Very ugly 120 Hz waveform.
You can clean it up a little with a tuned 120 Hz tank circuit but you may not
even need that.

Antique Electronics Supply in Arizona sells solid state retrofit modules
to replace vibrators.
--scott

Old August 2nd 12, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors