Old October 5th 13, 02:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,uk.radio.amateur

Default Variable selectivity?

I wonder if anyone can offer a picture of the variable selectivity
arrangement of
the Eddystone EA12, which I believe was also used by some other
manufacturers?

This was the scheme whereby coupling between the primary and secondary of
IF
transformers was varied nechanically by distancing the two halves of the
transformer
from each other.

I have access to photos showing the operating levers, but what interests me
for
the moment is to have a peek, or peeks, inside the IF cans themselves.

Old October 5th 13, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,uk.radio.amateur

"gareth" wrote in message
I wonder if anyone can offer a picture of the variable selectivity
arrangement of
the Eddystone EA12, which I believe was also used by some other
manufacturers?

This was the scheme whereby coupling between the primary and secondary of
IF
transformers was varied nechanically by distancing the two halves of the
transformer
from each other.

I have access to photos showing the operating levers, but what interests
me for
the moment is to have a peek, or peeks, inside the IF cans themselves.

You might find something here.

www.eddystoneusergroup.org.uk

Number 15 "Inductor lore"

"How we have advanced, thanks to the Machine!" said Vashti.

"The Machine Stops" - 1909

Old October 5th 13, 03:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,uk.radio.amateur

"Mantrid" wrote in message
"gareth" wrote in message
I wonder if anyone can offer a picture of the variable selectivity
arrangement of
the Eddystone EA12, which I believe was also used by some other
manufacturers?

This was the scheme whereby coupling between the primary and secondary
of IF
transformers was varied nechanically by distancing the two halves of the
transformer
from each other.

I have access to photos showing the operating levers, but what interests
me for
the moment is to have a peek, or peeks, inside the IF cans themselves.

You might find something here.

www.eddystoneusergroup.org.uk

Number 15 "Inductor lore"

I should have said, Restoration Projects, then Number 15

Old October 5th 13, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,uk.radio.amateur

"Mantrid" wrote in message
"Mantrid" wrote in message
"gareth" wrote in message
I wonder if anyone can offer a picture of the variable selectivity
arrangement of
the Eddystone EA12, which I believe was also used by some other
manufacturers?
This was the scheme whereby coupling between the primary and secondary
of IF
transformers was varied nechanically by distancing the two halves of the
transformer
from each other.
I have access to photos showing the operating levers, but what interests
me for
the moment is to have a peek, or peeks, inside the IF cans themselves.

You might find something here.
www.eddystoneusergroup.org.uk
Number 15 "Inductor lore"

I should have said, Restoration Projects, then Number 15

Well done, that man!

Actually, "No5 Crystal filters and receiver selectivity" has the desired
photo.

Many thanks.

Old October 5th 13, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,uk.radio.amateur

"gareth" wrote in message
"Mantrid" wrote in message
"Mantrid" wrote in message
"gareth" wrote in message
[...]

.... AND ... a very good explanation of the Eddystone dial, to boot!

Old October 5th 13, 09:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,uk.radio.amateur

On 05/10/13 17:12, gareth wrote:

... AND ... a very good explanation of the Eddystone dial, to boot!

"To boot" seems quite apt for you, old Bean.

--
;-)
..
Old October 5th 13, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,uk.radio.amateur

Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI wrote:
On 05/10/13 17:12, gareth wrote:

... AND ... a very good explanation of the Eddystone dial, to boot!

"To boot" seems quite apt for you, old Bean.

Gareth would turn the other cheek, but it's hard to do that when a copper's
got your head pinned to the floor with his size 12 standard issue.

--
If the above message is full of spelling mistakes or the snipping is duff,
it's probably because it was sent from my iPhone, likely whilst walking.
Old October 6th 13, 09:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,uk.radio.amateur

"To boot" seems quite apt for you, old Bean.

Gareth would turn the other cheek, but it's hard to do that when a
copper's
got your head pinned to the floor with his size 12 standard issue.

probably one of the last few things he did before he topped
himself...............

Old October 6th 13, 11:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,uk.radio.amateur

"Jimbo..." wrote in message

"To boot" seems quite apt for you, old Bean.

Gareth would turn the other cheek, but it's hard to do that when a
copper's
got your head pinned to the floor with his size 12 standard issue.

probably one of the last few things he did before he topped
himself...............

The fact that the plods videoed the arrest tells me that they were
expecting, and got, problems.
More recent allegations of attacking postmen etc confirm their need for
caution.
That plod had no need to top himself over an incident in which he lost his
cool while dealing with an idiot. He had been acquitted and IMHO should have
brought counter-charges for defamation.
--
;-)
..

Old October 6th 13, 01:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,uk.radio.amateur

"FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI" wrote in message
"Jimbo..." wrote in message

"To boot" seems quite apt for you, old Bean.

Gareth would turn the other cheek, but it's hard to do that when a
copper's
got your head pinned to the floor with his size 12 standard issue.

probably one of the last few things he did before he topped
himself...............

The fact that the plods videoed the arrest tells me that they were
expecting, and got, problems.
More recent allegations of attacking postmen etc confirm their need for
caution.
That plod had no need to top himself over an incident in which he lost his
cool while dealing with an idiot. He had been acquitted and IMHO should
have brought counter-charges for defamation.
;-)
.
73 de Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI - mine's a pint.

I blame the freemasons in the polis.......