RadioBanter

-   -   Attn: Heathkit Collectors (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/203957-attn-heathkit-collectors.html)

[email protected] May 24th 14 10:19 PM

Attn: Heathkit Collectors

Is there any interest in this newsgroup in Heathkits that are NOT
amateur radio products?

I have some that I no longer want:

AR-15 Stereo Receiver
QM-1 Q Meter
CD-1 Color Bar and Dot Generator
IT-12 Signal Tracer
V-7A VTVM

All are clean, include manuals, and were working when last used.

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.

Michael Black[_2_] May 25th 14 12:31 AM

Attn: Heathkit Collectors

On Sat, 24 May 2014, wrote:

Is there any interest in this newsgroup in Heathkits that are NOT amateur
radio products?

Since this isn't primarily a buy and sell newsgroup, I doubt there'd be
any interest here.

Since you are trying to sell, there are way better venues, not just in
terms of appropriate, but also readership.

Michael

gareth May 25th 14 03:36 PM

Heathkit Collectors

wrote in message
CD-1 Color Bar and Dot Generator

The one item in your list that no longer has any use!

I've got one of those, but not Heathkit, and PAL not NTSC

[email protected] May 25th 14 05:03 PM

Heathkit Collectors

gareth wrote:
wrote in message
CD-1 Color Bar and Dot Generator

The one item in your list that no longer has any use!

I've got one of those, but not Heathkit, and PAL not NTSC

Closed Circuit TV is still mostly analog.

--
Jim Pennino

gareth May 25th 14 07:49 PM

Heathkit Collectors

wrote in message
gareth wrote:
wrote in message
CD-1 Color Bar and Dot Generator

The one item in your list that no longer has any use!

I've got one of those, but not Heathkit, and PAL not NTSC

Closed Circuit TV is still mostly analog.

But the monitors these days are LCD and not CRT.

The days of static convergence, dynamic convergence, pin cushion, etc
are gone.

[email protected] May 25th 14 08:21 PM

Heathkit Collectors

gareth wrote:
wrote in message
gareth wrote:
wrote in message
CD-1 Color Bar and Dot Generator

The one item in your list that no longer has any use!

I've got one of those, but not Heathkit, and PAL not NTSC

Closed Circuit TV is still mostly analog.

But the monitors these days are LCD and not CRT.

The new ones likely are but the vast, already installed, base is not.

The days of static convergence, dynamic convergence, pin cushion, etc
are gone.

Essentially irrelevant; when checking out such a system about the only
thing that matters is a known, stable video of something.

Apparently you have never worked on a CCTV system; a known, stable, and
portable source of video is a handy thing to have when troubleshooting.

--
Jim Pennino

Jerry Stuckle May 26th 14 02:54 AM

Heathkit Collectors

On 5/25/2014 12:03 PM, wrote:
gareth wrote:
wrote in message
CD-1 Color Bar and Dot Generator

The one item in your list that no longer has any use!

I've got one of those, but not Heathkit, and PAL not NTSC

Closed Circuit TV is still mostly analog.

That's changing. We install much more digital (IP-based) systems than
analog, nowadays, including updating old analog systems.

Analog is still out there - but as the price of digital cameras comes
down, analog is fading.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================

[email protected] May 26th 14 03:18 AM

Heathkit Collectors

Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 5/25/2014 12:03 PM, wrote:
gareth wrote:
wrote in message
CD-1 Color Bar and Dot Generator

The one item in your list that no longer has any use!

I've got one of those, but not Heathkit, and PAL not NTSC

Closed Circuit TV is still mostly analog.

That's changing. We install much more digital (IP-based) systems than
analog, nowadays, including updating old analog systems.

Analog is still out there - but as the price of digital cameras comes
down, analog is fading.

Yes, new systems are predominantly digital, however there is a HUGE
installed base of analog no one is going to replace just because, though
some are replacing the recording/viewing portion with digitizers.

If you have to dig up and replace miles of cable to have digital cameras,
the cameras are likely to stay analog for a long time.

--
Jim Pennino

Jerry Stuckle May 26th 14 01:38 PM

Heathkit Collectors

On 5/25/2014 10:18 PM, wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 5/25/2014 12:03 PM,
wrote:
gareth wrote:
wrote in message
CD-1 Color Bar and Dot Generator

The one item in your list that no longer has any use!

I've got one of those, but not Heathkit, and PAL not NTSC

Closed Circuit TV is still mostly analog.

That's changing. We install much more digital (IP-based) systems than
analog, nowadays, including updating old analog systems.

Analog is still out there - but as the price of digital cameras comes
down, analog is fading.

Yes, new systems are predominantly digital, however there is a HUGE
installed base of analog no one is going to replace just because, though
some are replacing the recording/viewing portion with digitizers.

If you have to dig up and replace miles of cable to have digital cameras,
the cameras are likely to stay analog for a long time.

That's where you're wrong. Probably 1/3 of our installs is replacing
old analog systems with digital. The higher quality of a digital
picture is the main selling point, although the digital recording also
helps.

And BTW - we do it over the existing coax. No "miles of cable" are
replaced.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================

Scott Dorsey May 26th 14 01:38 PM

Attn: Heathkit Collectors

wrote:
Is there any interest in this newsgroup in Heathkits that are NOT
amateur radio products?

I have some that I no longer want:

AR-15 Stereo Receiver
QM-1 Q Meter
CD-1 Color Bar and Dot Generator
IT-12 Signal Tracer
V-7A VTVM

All are clean, include manuals, and were working when last used.

I'd be interested in the signal tracer, I keep meaning to build one
myself and never have.

Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.

Now I am cluttering up the group with a personal reply. That's kind of
rude, isn't it?
--scott