Old July 11th 03, 06:05 PM

Default Cargo container of Antenna Tuners. ID?

"collectiblehelp.com" wrote:

Group,
I found a cargo container of these "OLD" Mil Aircraft antenna tuners.
I bought 3 truck loads of other old tube gear from these folks but
passed on these tuners.
No body knows what they tuned. TRAILING WIRE? I think they are MF/HF.
Inside are 2 vario-ductors or (vario-couplers),
fixed caps, lots of HV ceramic switches. Coils are old cloth litz wire
on bakelite/fiber core forms.
They are extreemly lightweight for their size. Transmitter Tuning Unit
TU-10-B

Can these be used for anything worthwhile or just junk?
Maybe too narrow banded for Amateur use?

Maybe a veteran or aircraft radio buff recognizes these.

Here are 3 of them-
http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL18/6...7/28486943.jpg

I took a sample unit apart to inspect.
I have to buy the whole container or pass.
They are kind of neat, but that is a lot of tuners to get stuck with.
Even at $2.50 ea prox.

Thanks for reading,
John
www.collectiblehelp.com

The parts are easily worth the price, if you're willing to
do the work involved with dismantling/selling them. And you
could probably sell complete units at a hamfest for say
$10.00 each.