Old July 16th 03, 07:43 PM
SecondHandMarklin.com

Default Rare Western elkectric 102-D tube for Sale

I have listed a 102-D for Sale on ebay.com.

To see the pictures and the listing click on this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ry=72 75&rd=1

If the link does not work, just go to ebay.com and do a search for:m 102-D tube

Thanks,

Bill
Old July 16th 03, 10:41 PM
Dbowey

Bill posted: I have listed a 102-D for Sale on ebay.com.

Nice little tube. Those were still being installed in Telco testboards in the
early 60's and maybe later. The socket for this is unique....

If you look at the tube base you will see a pin at a right angle to the tube.
The pin slides down a slot in a collar of the socket. At the bottom of the
vertical slot, the slot continues at a right angle for a short distance.
Turning the tube to the right causes the tube pins to engage spring steel
contacts. The combination looks very nice on a finished board. I can probably
find the pin numbers if anyone here buys it and wants the info.

Don