Old August 1st 03, 02:37 AM
Di & Chuck

Default NC-125

Can someone please! give there opinion of this radio The National Model
NC-125 Radio Receiver,I can buy it for hundred buck's.The owner said it
works like the day he purchased it.It has the matching speaker and
headphones.The case is in good shape,a small nick here and there but overall
nice shape,I'm new to this type of receiver,all though I've been listening
to shortwave on my antique radio's for years. Thank You: Chuck In
Pittsburgh,PA

Old August 1st 03, 04:23 AM
Clay Nicolsen

Hi Chuck!

Here's one that just popped up on ebay tonight: 3038812281 The "Buy it
Now" is $95.

If you're looking to get into tube shortwave radio, this one is certainly
ok, especially if it's in good shape and includes the speaker for $100.
That's a very nice price. It's a single conversion receiver with 8 tubes.
Not a high-performance communications receiver by any means, but if you've
been listening on the s/w bands on an antique broadcast band radio for
several years, and you've been enjoying that, you'll have a lot of fun with
this one! If you get hooked on listening to this radio, and decide to move
up to a more expensive one down the road ( and there are plenty of terrific
tube communications receivers in the $200-250 range) you can easily get your
money out of it.

Good luck!
Clay

"Di & Chuck" wrote in message
Can someone please! give there opinion of this radio The National

Model
NC-125 Radio Receiver,I can buy it for hundred buck's.The owner said it
works like the day he purchased it.It has the matching speaker and
headphones.The case is in good shape,a small nick here and there but

overall
nice shape,I'm new to this type of receiver,all though I've been listening
to shortwave on my antique radio's for years. Thank You: Chuck In
Pittsburgh,PA

Attached Images
File Type: gif x.gif (50 Bytes, 319 views)
Old August 1st 03, 06:17 AM
Mark S.

Hi,
The NC125 is basically an NC57 with the Select-O-Ject feature built in
as well as an S meter. For $100.00 including the speaker, it is
probably a good buy. The speaker alone is worth about $50.00. This is
all contingent upon the condition of the set and speaker. Parts are
readily available.
rgds,
Mark S.