Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 28th 03, 04:48 PM
Irv Finkleman

K5DH wrote:

I am restoring an old Kris 23+ tube-type CB radio.
As with most Japanese-made CB gear from that era,
the coil slugs are held in place with some sort of
glossy white paint-like sealer. How do I dissolve
that sealer without damaging the coil forms? I'm
unable to budge the slugs with a diddle stick, and
I don't want to risk fracturing a slug by trying
to force them.

73,
Dean K5DH

Usually a drop of solvent will loosen them. If the coil
forms are plastic it might be a problem, but you can test the
solvent on the end of the form first.
--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001