Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 7th 03, 01:19 PM

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 02:44:05 GMT, "Chas" wrote:

Hi Rick! The SBEs were solid state too(driver & finals were tube), so
if your critera was an internal power supply & all tube, the Swan is your
only choice (as far as my memory goes).

Thanks, Chuck. The internal power supply and/or the small size are
only preferences, that I can live without. The only hard requirement
is the all-tube design.

Go with the KWM-2.

Yeah, I'm beginning to reach that conclusion. I've been checking a
few prices on eBay and qrz.com and they certainly are proud of 'em ...
from $300-$400 for a beater that needs a lot of work to $1200-$1500
for a -2A that is claimed to be in perfect condition.

Are things like tubes and shop manuals more or less readily available?

Guess it's time to start haunting the 75-meter swap nets and the flea
markets. Hoss Traders is coming up here in New Hampshire early next
month, I think. Any other big, well-known and well-attended flea
markets coming up anywhere in the Northeast or mid-Atlantic states,
west to about Ohio?

Rick WA1RKT