Old September 17th 03, 09:49 PM
Bill

Default Midwest Antique Radio Service is no longer. Here's why:

Some of you may not be aware that one of the best, and brightest and
most economical antique repair services is no longer. Scott Rhode,
owner and operator of MARS, was called up to active duty in his Army
Reserve unit for a year...and had been called up with only three days
notice. His friends chipped in to mail back finished and unfinished
repairs to customers. (The man should be proud to have friends like
that, since my heavy old Grundig alone set 'em back $20!) I guess he
felt it was in his best interest to just shut the place down. I hope
he reconsiders when he retires.

I'm going to reimburse his family the $20....and then some. His
service to this nation is more important to me than getting my antique
Grundig repaired. I commend him for his honesty in getting these
valuable pieces of equipment back to their rightful owners.

Just thought you'd like to know. Maybe you'd like to send a donation
to help out his family. His address is 22164 Fleming Ave., Tomah, WI,
54660

Thanks Scott for your years of antique service. NOBODY can wrap a dial
cord like you! May God take care of you and your family while you
serve our nation.

73,

Bill Lauterbach - WA8MEA
Owner; DWM Communications