Old September 21st 03, 07:51 PM
Ron

Default Clough-Brengle & C.C.C.

Hi Gang,

I'm looking for ANY information you may have on
the Clough-Brengle company, espically anything about
the transmitters they built for the Civilian Conservation Corps.
in the late 1930's.

I have lots of C-B catalogs showing their test equipment,
I also have several pieces of test equipment they built.
I own one transmitter built by them and know of two others,
one of them is the same model as mine, a #4581,
and the other is a model 87.
These are the only examples of these transmitters I've ever seen.

I also would like to hear from anyone with direct connections
to anyone that was a C.C.C. camp radio operator.

Thanks in advance for any help...

73, Ron

---------------------------
C.R."Ron" Lawrence, KC4YOY

Antique Radio Collector & Historian,
Visit my radio collection, -Radio Heaven-
http://www.radioheaven.homestead.com

Email:
Snail mail: POBox 3015 Matthews, NC 28106
704-289-1166 (home),

CC-AWA web page at,
http://www.cc-awa.org
Old September 23rd 03, 11:39 AM
Fileo

My C-B generator is AC only - has a proper transformer P.S. inside.

Tubes are 6X5, 6N7 and yes, a 76 oscillator!

Same turret style tuner with rotary band selection switch - all
very high class design. I would guess it was built in the late 1940s.

No one seems to want to buy it so I am probably going to
keep it and use it if I can find a 76 tube!

Picture at:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/happysurfer/testgear,htm

On 22 Sep 2003 04:15:41 GMT, r (Mike Knudsen)
wrote:

In article ,
(Ron) writes:

I have lots of C-B catalogs showing their test equipment,
I also have several pieces of test equipment they built.

Don't know about their TX line, but I do have a really ancient pair of signal
generators from CB. The signal generator is AC/DC (ouch!), uses a very fine
and precise but uncalibrated dial, and uses a "ferris wheel" of coil turrets
for band switching, all in a very compact case.

The other unit is a heterodyne sweep generator, using a motor-driven variable
capactior to sweep its own oscillator, which is mixed with whatever signal you
feed from the other generator, so the output is the sum and difference freqs,
with the sweep effect.

Would be great for aligning IFs of fancy receivers, but both units are AC/DC,
and I've thrown enough sparks in my youth not to want to foolw ith these too
much. But they are lovely little units, probalby from early 1930s. I opened
them up years ago but forget what tubes are inside. 73, Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.